Monday, December 14, 2009

Holiday Soldering Class

Yesterday I took such an awesome class (my birthday gift from the hubby) taught by Kecia of Lemoncholy's Studio, she was sweet enough to invite me and other "students" (the darling sisters Melissa and Jenny Heid were among the 3 others) into to her AMAZING home (you can look around her house for days at all of her beautiful artwork and all her whimsy finds) to teach us the ways of soldering.  She went over the basics including equipment, costs, and where to find supplies then demoed what we were going to be doing (man did she make it look easy). We first warmed up to the soldering iron by doing a domino, then a 1x1 glass pendant/charm.  After we were getting the hang of it we got to tear in to the adorable goodie bags Kecia had put together for us, there was so much cool stuff in there I didn't know where to start.  After getting my two scenes together, front and back, Kecia then showed us how "tape" a larger and thicker glass piece, then sent us back to work.  Everyone's work was amazing, so wish I brought my camera! Kecia does have pics posted on her blog, and I will get pics of my finished projects up later.
I had such an amazing time it's not even funny!  Definitely going to take another class soon!

1 comment:

  1. Super fun time! Great meeting you! Hope to see you at Art Opera!! :)

    Happy Holidays!
    xoxo Jenny

    ReplyDelete